Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 2 - Day 8

Week 2 - Day 7 = 1kg
Total Larapinta sponsorship $35/kg

My flatmate and her best friend are teachers and now on school holidays. They went out dancing last night and got home at 4am. Only an hour later, I got up for the first day of BOOTCAMP. Barely awake in the early morning freezing dark, three little soliders started off with a beep test in the downstairs carpark (outside). Two more joined us later in socks and thongs, having somehow forgotten to bring their shoes (??)

100 crunches
70 pushups (15 during the test ... but then shuttle runs with pushups in-between counting down from 10, 9, 8, etc)
1:23 minutes doing plank on my toes (after the 100 crunches no less)
2:46 minutes ski sitting (90deg squat against the wall)

Right now, I am a piece of floppy, wet spaghetti leaning kind of side-like in my chair. It's nearly 1pm. The morning has been a blur.

You know what? Bootcamp was fine. Bootcamp was great! The most confronting part of my morning was getting ready for work. Someone said to me recently that all guys check each other out surruptitiously in the bathroom. With women, it's a bit different. I'm a bit naive about the routines most women go through in maintaining their gorgeous selves. Perhaps to my detriment, I've never been bothered with beauty stuff beyond the most simple self-care. As I stood between these two nearly mannequin-like specimens of woman-kind, I was overwhelmed by their array of creams, powders, sponges, brushes and things I don't even know the name of. I felt rather ... inadequate.

Bring on the lunges. I'll deal with the challenge of sponges some other day!!


Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment