Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 5 - Day 29

Week 5 - Day 29 = 1kg
Total Larapinta sponsorship $35/kg + $40 donation

As far as progress goes, I know for sure now that the scales are not a true indicator. This week I am definitely seeing an improvement of around 3-4 kgs (based on previous weight for this appearance). Today was tough, though.

When you lead a sedentary lifestyle, you don't notice the impact of food on your body except in a very general way. Me hungry. Me eat. Me full ... or something like that. I went to four parties last weekend, each one full of rich food and alcohol and yikes, did I feel it during the training session this morning! I felt like I was carrying an extra 20-30 kgs and I very nearly threw up doing crunches on the exercise ball near the end of the workout. I got through it, but barely. The type of fuel in my body made an enormous difference to performance and I seriously had the wrong petrol in my tank.

The instructor has encouraged me to return to natural fuels ... like a kind of caveman diet. I should stick to the things that my body recognises and knows how to process - if it swims, flies or walks and if it grows out of the ground then I can eat it. If it comes in a colourful packet and no longer resembles how it looked when it was alive ... then steer away from it.

I have two weeks left of the Larapinta stretch of the Xena Project (3 August) ... For those two weeks at least my name will be Ugha Ungh ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment