Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 3 - Day 15

Week 3 - Day 15 = 0.8kgs or 2.4kg (?)
Total Larapinta sponsorship $35/kg + $40 donation
Horrified, I stared at the scales this morning. What do you mean 0.8kgs? Less than 24 hours earlier I was grinning at 2.4kg in red digits between my feet. I even convinced myself I could sorta see those 2.4 reflected in the mirror. Yet, no matter how many times I cleared the screen and tried again ... it resolutely showed the same dismal figure.

What fresh torment it is to slave one's guts out only to see a reversal in fortune!!

I told myself 'this time, there will be no gimmicks' ... no starvation tactics or stoic self denial. Those tactics are like the religious war on sin which only serves to reinforce the sinner. I'm done with weightloss wonders in a pill or shake. I'm done searching for that magic ai chihuahua wand. This time it will just be good food and exercise, a reasonable bedtime and everything in moderation.

What else can I do except keep going and hope for a better outcome by next update ...?

No comments:

Post a Comment