Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Week 6 - Day 36

Week 6 - Day 36 = 1.2kg or 4kgs
Total Larapinta sponsorship $35/kg + $40 donation

It looks like I'm failing the Larapinta challenge, but I'm not. The scales say 1.4kg but I can say with confidence that it is more like 4kgs. My clothes are fitting better. I no longer have to do a Beyonce body roll to get into my jeans. I feel fitter and better. My body now works for me when I ask it to do things ... well ...unless I ask it to process Hungry Jacks. THAT was a mistake. After eating most excellently for several weeks, I indulged in comfort food early last week. That vile, plastic mound of potent fats and fries was so poisonous that I had to go lie down at 7:30pm and didn't get up till morning.

I'm learning that there are good bumps and bad bumps to have. The bad bumps are the 'I look like a bag of walnuts in this outfit' type. Those are starting to disappear. The good bumps are the quad bumps just above the knees. They're the bumps in my arms when I stretch and they're the bumps that I'm supposed to have two of rather than a whole cascading mountain range when I sit down (ok, so I never got quite that bad but you get the idea).

The Larapinta Challenge ends this Sunday night and I'll send out a final update on Monday morning. It'll be up to you whether you want to trust the scales or your eyes when making your donation to charity. The Xena project, however, continues with at least another month of bootcamp ... after all, I have goals of my own to achieve :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment