Thursday, July 30, 2009

Week 6 - Day 39

Week 6 - Day 39 = 1.4kg or 4kgs
Total Larapinta sponsorship $35/kg + $40 donation

"I wish I could be addicted to exercise," a work colleage mused to me most ruefully this week. I'd been sharing how bootcamp is postponed until Monday and how surprised I was to be missing it. Could it be true? Am I addicted to exercise?

I certainly don't love Dheeraj's Holy Cow Walk (ringtone) in the early morning dark as it bids me into the unforgiving cold. Samson blinks a few times and puts his furry head back down. Cats are supposed to be nocturnal.

I do like being active as the sun rises. There's something naturally awesome about it that's hard to explain.

I don't love the doof doof beat of dance music or the nexus of primped perfection that is the ladies' bathroom. I do like the structure and support of training where I'm pushed beyond the point where I'd have given up if I was alone.

I'm not sure whether I love the burn of that fiftieth rep or gasping indecent words on the treadmill ... but there's a corner you turn at some point where the body suddenly loves to feel worked. There's a thrill when your changing shape, strength and endurance is real instead of a stretch of the imagination.

There's a long way to go yet before the Xena Project is fully realised but I am starting to believe it IS possible to get addicted to exercise.

The catch is ... you have to do it before you can get addicted to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment